Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Grateful
      Participant

I recently got divorce finalised and even tough it is a very unequal financial settlement I feel great…
      Such relief
      Total lightness of spirit
      Freedom
      Liberty
      Such beautiful words to my soul.
      I can start to heal
      To repair the damage inflicted
      To live MY life
      Without restraints, rules and regimentation
      Such beautiful words to my soul.

I am finally GRATEFUL.

Grateful to myself for hanging on in there.
      Grateful for your support given directly or indirectly.
      Grateful

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I lost out financially in my divorce too. Seems to be a common thread. I’m grateful too. Well done you. Enjoy your freedom. Cheap at the price and it just gets better. Onwards and upwards x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Grateful, what a fantastic Christmas present you have received. I am truly so happy for you🎄🍾🙂.
      Enjoy your freedom, and the peace and quiet. we’re always here.
      IWMB 💕💕

Grateful
      Participant

Thanks KIP and IWMB. Yep, it’s the best Christmas present ever. 🙂

Halfwayout
      Participant

Why is it we settle for less than 50/50? Im coming up to that crunch moment, is it as easy as give him want he wants to get rid.
      Good for you Grateful! Enjoy life!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I think it really does boil down to simply how much they can get up on us right up to the last minute. It really IS all about power and control, they have to win at all and any cost. At the end of the day, they will be a lonely old man continually trying to cobtrol everything/ everyone around them.
      IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

For me it was about him running up my legal bills. He didn’t seem to care that he was putting me in more and more debt. He relished the contact and the further abuse through the court system. Since he stole money from me before he had lots to throw away. I’m lucky I ended up with what I did. It really stung at the time but now I look back on it as money well spent. There’s a balance between mental health and financial health. One had to give x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content