Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Frenchie1
      Participant

So (detail removed by Moderator) I made the decision to call the police as he entered my home whilst I wasn’t there and took my front and back door keys. He then entered at a later date. The police have been amazing and changed my locks and I’m staying with a family member. There is a warrant out for his arrest,but they’ve been unable to trace him yet. I’ve given statements etc and he turned up at my family members house (detail removed by Moderator) saying he needed to talk, the police arrived immediately. I know I’ve made the right decision and there’s no looking back. I’m abit worried about social care etc being notified about this. It’s not fair on my Ochildren. They’ve been deceived by this man just as much as I have. And it is looking like there’s a few charges against him. Can anyone advice on what the next steps may be??

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Frenchie1,

Thank you for sharing with us. How are you doing? You have done so well to report him to the police. I am pleased you have had a positive experience with the police. If you haven’t already got support in place from your local domestic abuse support service then please do contact them. They can give you and your children ongoing emotional and practical support with the next steps. Your local support can be found here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Victim support are also a great organisation for support and knowledge. The next step is the police should charge him and hopefully give him bail conditions not to come near you or your family or contact you or your family. You should have been given the name and contact details of the police officer dealing with your case. Please contact them for an update. After they’ve gathered evidence, hopefully given him bail conditions then it’s upto him to plead guilty or not guilty and it proceeds to court accordingly. These are just rough outlines of what happens but a lot depends on the evidence available. It’s out of your hands now so just concentrate on you and the kids. Your local women’s aid should be able to support you more and liaise with the police on your behalf if you’re not able to. Well done for reporting him. How dare he do this to you and your children. You’ve absolutely done the right thing to protect you all and that’s what social care are looking for if they become involved x well done. I’m sure you gave him chance after chance x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content