Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Justrealised
      Participant

I left years ago the emotional affects haunt me to this day.

I have a dissociative disorder because of the years of abuse. I finally accepted the last piece of my puzzle. It was a big part of the abuse and I feel physically sick, I’m not eating… I’m confused

Darcy
      Participant

Hi My Darling,
      I know from your last post you are struggling
      It is really important that you start to put some selfcare in place … eating being one of them
      If you had a small child or a puppy or kitten to look after you would want them to eat and you would nurture them with all that they need
      This is what you need to apply to yourself, why dont you deserve that kindness to?
      You are a beautiful strong women with so much potential, don’t let this man rob you of anymore of your life
      Start today… start now!
      Prepare yourself some lovely food, enjoy the process … unless you feed your body correctly you will not feel good or strong
      Alternatively if you can, go to a local coffee shop and have a nice warm drink to nourish your soul
      Then plan the rest of your selfcare day
      Today where I am is wet and windy and a little dull, but instead of that getting me down I feel the windy weather is blowing away any cobwebs and the rain is there to cleanse everything. I have lit a scented candle and am sung in a warm jumper, later I am going to go on a winter walk, being out in the elements help you to really connect and maybe later you could plan a lovely warm bubble bath
      Its all about you now beautiful and your needs, start to listen to what your mind and body are screaming out for
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

PaintingByNumbers
      Participant

I feel you. I am only recently free, but I hear and see your confusion, your hurt, your numbness in disassociation…but please try to hold onto the fact that we are worth more than we were made to believe, we are worth love and respect and kindness and compassion, and right now you are worth nourishment – please try to find something small to eat…it will help you to look after yourself and give yourself some of the love and kindness you have been missing for so long. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content