Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaishai
      Participant

Unlike a lot of posts I read on here, I don’t have children with my abuser and it’s been a very very long time since I was with him so there is no contact anymore. However, I am only just beginning to deal with it all and learn to forgive myself.

Today I messaged an old school friend to suggest meeting up with our kids. It was really hard to reach out but I have so few friends around me that I need to build up my friendships again. I always feel so alone.

I’m proud of myself for doing it as she was pleased to hear from me

Strongenough
      Participant

Well done you! Rebuilding your support circle is such an important step. Often abusers isolate us from friends and family. When I was in the midst of my abusers grip, he convinced me that my friends and family didn’t care for me, it was like a fog being lifted once I got out and started re-establishing relationships.

I love the fact you are beginning to forgive yourself, your post has made me think about how I need to work on this. I hope you and your friend have a great reconnect and you don’t feel so alone x

nbumblebee
      Participant

I struggle with this I only have one friend but she is his friend too so ive never talked to her in any depth its lonley isnt it.
      Im still here bjt am trying to carve myself out a life and friendships are so important it was a very brave thing you did well done I do a class and im often encouraged by the one person who knows what im living with to join in with chat to make friends i find it so hard like they dont want to hear me like they dont care but actually i think they do your bravery has encouraged me to try and be more braver and join in more make friendships cause i think one day i may need them. Thank you x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

EXIT SITE

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content