Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

My ex has plenty of savings but no taxable income so I am not going down the route of Child Maintenance to be reminded of him every month. I have to pay £££ to get rid of him and he has also decided that he is paying nothing towards the children. The children have clocked this. I am reeling. This is the decision of the courts. I live on benefits and have been signed off for quite a while because of his behaviour. I don’t know what to tell the children. (Detail removed by moderator) are b****y useless. Just so angry. They system is not fit for purpose and I don’t get it why he is allowed to behave like this.
      When I spoke to (Detail removed by moderator) they said it’s all about the interests of the children (dur). I am beyond livid with the whole process.

fizzylem
      Participant

Hey MD, yeah I get this, I didnt want his name on my bank statement; however, I’m past this now. Although I was angry for while at the pittance he ‘contributes’ and that the state seems to accept this alright – I just had to let it go in the end; he’s a scumbag not wanting to pay child support, not wanting to make sure his child has what she needs, as is your childrens father hey – get on with that then.

I’ve kept every receipt this last year, so I can work out exactly how much she has needed, how much he’s paid and thus what he hasnt paid – not quite at the end of the year yet – not sure what I’ll do with that info when I compile it, but I will know for sure what this figure is!

I literally just had to make one 30 min phone call to CMA and that was it, and they do a yearly review and write to you then. He’s not working now but will he in the future? Don’t let him get away with it, call them, let them do the work for you.

Regarding the kids, yes this is a tough one, but as they’ve found out now, I think an honest approach is always best, just try not to berate him, stick to the facts and empathise with their feelings x

maddog
      Participant

He’s not working and will never work again. He has not worked for years. He has lied about money, lived beyond his income forever. I hope my solicitor is working on it. He is letting the children down big time. Big, big time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content