Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      tobehappy
      Participant

Any help please. So he’s taken kids out of school, social services stepped in to return them…but he’s now manipulated everyone and kids now have 50 50 contact.

Has anyone dealt with this? Communication is impossible. He’s made a rival child benefit claim. It will ruin chances of purchasing shared ownership house for me and kids.

This will ruin me and potentially make us homeless.

Has anyone got tips of keeping child benefit? Obviously I’m fighting to return the contact plan to the original….which due to his nature….worked as best as possible. Kids saw their dad but I managed situation as best as possible.

Please help. It’s been a long time since I posted. I can’t believe he keeps coming with more.

Ayanna
      Participant

Speak to Rights of Women, use their call-back function.
      Is there anything you could use for safeguarding issues to get the kids back 100%

tobehappy
      Participant

Hi Ayanna

I will try rights of women. Thanks. X

He is very sky and manipulative. So far everything is emotional….which is impossible to prove. Kids are too young to see the truth. I’ve never stopped him seeing them but he’s financially motivated and simply wants to destroy me.

The impact of his latest actions could be I that I cannot afford a home for my children. He won’t won’t care and will tell me to work more to pay for one. I struggle to work much due to the emotional stress I’m under.

I just can’t see a way out.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi tobehappy,

This sounds very stressful. I think the best thing although it’s easier said than done, is to make a plan of action. Ring Rights of Women. Also give the helpline and your local DV services a call for added support and advice. I would also ring up the child benefit people, Citizens and advice and Shelter too, the more factual information and good advice you have the better as you can make an informed decision then. Then write up the plan and tackle it step by step.

I am a huge worrier myself so I totally understand, but if you can, try to only cross each bridge when you come to it and try not to think too far ahead about worse case scenarious as you will just make yourself ill with worry (I have to try to do the same as I too often panic about the worst possibilities, get myself ill with panic and in the end it is rarely if ever as bad as I feared).

Whatever happens, you are strong and brave and can handle it. Seek the advice and support your deserve and keep posting.

tobehappy
      Participant

Sunshinerainflower,

You are just like me!!!! I have done all if that research but cannot stop worrying. Trouble is things have gone wrong and I’ve lost all faith in the system. I research everything deeply. He now feels he has professional backing and the kids are too you to speak up/ or to have their own true opinion.

I just want things sorted to get on with my life. All I do is stress. It’s horrible isn’t it! X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content