Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #125377

      Hi all.. Ill try and make this short.. So i was made redundant few years ago my husband said i could stay at home look after are special needs child.. At first this was ok as still had money from work and redundancy.. My husband did and has not paid one single bit towards myself or are son (yes we live together) he works full time and i only get child tax credits and carers alowence… Because he inherited some money and told child tax credits i lost (removed by moderator) a week on child tax credits i now have to pay for my son on a sum under £50 a week the money he inherited 90% was spent on himself and only a small amount did he pay me so i would prob say iv lost out on a good thousands since (removed by moderator) to current agen he is not paying me anythink or towards are son and thinks its ok that i can feed myself on £10 a week what is all i have left a week after iv paid for my son bit towards bills and monthly charges i need to pay.. Yes he dose pay towards the house bills but so do i even though i dont work.. I need help i seriously cant do this no more would love to hear from anyone out there give me a bit of advice help even any helplines.. Is this abuse? Controlling financial…

    • #125382
      Main Moderator

      Hi UKGamer,

      There are specialist services you can speak to regarding financial abuse. The DAME (Domestic Abuse, Money & Education) Project 01323 635 987 or [email protected] can give you advice and possibly support regarding the financial abuse from your perpetrator.
      Surviving Economic Abuse (SEA) is an organisation sharing knowledge, resources and information on best practice and research and raise awareness around domestic abuse. Their website includes lots of resources and guides for women experiencing financial abuse.
      The National Debt Line gives information and advice on debt; including bank, credit card, finance, mortgage arrears, council tax, hire purchase and utility debts. Issues dealt with include county court, refusal of credit, bank charges, harassment, housing and homelessness and bailiffs. The National Debt line is able to signpost callers, make referrals and can be contacted on 0808 808 4000, 9am – 9pm Mon – Fri, and 9.30am – 1pm Sat,
      I hope this helps.
      Take care,


Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account