Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Choices
      Participant

Hi

I left (detail removed by moderator) months ago and boy is it hard! He seems to have all the rights.

I’m discovering more and more in terms of finances. He took over everything of mine financially and withheld all passwords. I now worry that my tax return isn’t accurate but don’t have access to the information I need to check. I’m also terrified if it isn’t I’ll get a huge bill that I can’t pay as he’s taken every penny.

He’s taken credit cards out in my name and I can’t access the info due to data protection – I feel like I’m just losing an uphill battle all the time.

Any words of advice gratefully received. Police have finally interviewed him and are investigating but said it could take months and I can’t contact my IDVA, no answer for last two weeks

KIP.
      Participant

Have a look at the website SurvivingEconomicAbuse.org. Talk to citizens advice. Start making a list of everything in your name and write to the provider changing emails and contact details and letting them know what he has done without your permission x

Choices
      Participant

I’ve contacted citizen’s advice and they said that the case is too complex for them. A big problem is I don’t have details of what is in my name. It is so confusing and frustrating.

There’s 3 providers I’ve contacted and had nothing at all back from. I feel like I’m hitting brick walls every which way. 🙁

I did go on the SEA site and have spoken to them on the phone line. I think there’s that many issues that I have financially that I just go round in circles with it. I can’t even cancel bank accounts as I don’t have any of the cards, all I can do is stop them which leaves me linked financially apparently. x

KIP.
      Participant

Ok. If you have account numbers you can freeze the accounts. Go to the bank with your passport and any information you have. I know solicitors can do a search of bank accounts so there must be a way of finding those in your name. Perhaps some legal advice. Most offer free initial consultations. Deal with what information you do have in the meantime.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Get a credit report from somewhere like credit karma or similar, this will show everything in your name or linked to your name, bank accounts, credit cards, loans etc. contact your bank. Have you contacted the police? It’s fraud.

Choices
      Participant

Yes I dialled 999 a couple of months ago as he was being aggressive. I ended up being led away from the house threatened with arrest! They have finally interviewed him but said it will take time. Meanwhile I’m left trying to unravel it all.
      I’ve done two credit searches and found some cards that way. I’ll check out what solicitors can trace, thank you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content