Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ryusaki
      Participant

Wondering if anyone could give me some tech advice, my ex put find my iPhone on my phone, I removed it after he went mad when it said it was somewhere I wasn’t. My mum told me it was wrong for him to monitor me in this way and that I should remove it.

Anyway, I was messing around on settings and when I went on settings>Privacy>Location services>Find my iPhone share my location was “on” and he was a “friend” I was sharing my location with. I went on the app and I could see where he was and I’ve not been able to do that since I took it off. I didn’t press any buttons or change anything for this to happen.

Has it been on the whole time? Why could I suddenly see him- will he get a notification?

Bananaboat
      Participant

In the find my phone app if you select the person and scroll down you’ll see two options in red, one is stop sharing my location and unfriend. To answer your question, no he won’t get a notification that you’ve ‘unfriended’him it will just show ‘no location found’ when he tries to find you. If you think he’ll be angry if you unfriend him you could just stop sharing your location, does the same but will still show him as a friend if he challenges you. To start following someone you have to send an invite and the other person has to accept it, so if you didn’t do that then possibly he’s been on your phone to set it up, change your passcode.

ryusaki
      Participant

Thank you. He did set it up when we were first together but then I removed it during the relationship and I couldn’t see him on the app. We’re separated now and I’ve just found it so did I not remove it properly or do you think he put it back on?

I could see him on the app last night which was weird I’ve not been able to do that since I had him on there but we’ve not been together for weeks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content