Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyboo
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I am looking for some advice, I left my husband (detail removed by Moderator), but I find it very difficult to talk to my family/friends about it. I have a support worker at wa, a counselor and my journey to freedom group and it’s ok to talk to them but I just can’t talk to my family. The only thing my sisters know is basically from the social worker and it was very short and vague. But both of them teared up at the time and so since then I haven’t been able to say anything to them. I am a private person and I suppose I am so used to keeping this aspect of my life private that I just find it so hard. I know that talking more would help me process everything so why can’t I?

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi MB

So pleased that you are out and moving forward.

As long as you are able to speak to someone about what you have been through and what your feeling that the main thing.

I have shared my experiences with my siblings but it took time, when it wasn’t so raw. I didn’t want to upset them, my mother still doesn’t know a lot of what I went though as I don’t feel she would be able to cope with the knowledge.

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

family find it very hard to listen to abuse thats why its good when u have this forum , let it all out us we really do understand, family find it to painful, offer wrong advice as a result as too much for them and just say move on and get over it

Tiffany
      Participant

My parents don’t want to know, I talk to my sister a bit and my brother not at all. Like others have said, this forum is good. I also have a couple of friends who are a bit more educated about abuse who help a lot. I think it is pretty normal to be honest. It’s a hard thing to talk about and especially in the early stages it’s important to talk to people who understand I think.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content