Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Hard this time round to keep the no contact up. I were doing so well before id gone over a month but caved in. I do think it’s the trauma bonding too x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Betterdays,

I hope you are feeling ok and a bit stronger today? You have done so well. Please be kind to yourself and remember that we are all here for you. It is very natural to feel that you want to be in touch but try to remember that the contact will end up only hurting you further. Please know that you can phone the helpline any time you want to talk.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Kaza
      Participant

Hi Lisa

I feel the no contact rule is so hard and today Sunday, I feel sad and lonely, but I am so glad I looked at this page and read what you just said about remembering that the contact will only end up hurting further. That has give me some strength. Thank youxx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Kaza,

Thanks for your reply, I’m glad reading this has helped you a bit. I’m sure many forum users on here can sympathise with how difficult no contact is, but many can also vouch for how effective it is in the long-run.

It can also sometimes be helpful to write down the abuse you have been through and the reasons why the relationship is over; it can be upsetting to do but can help to remind oneself why no contact is necessary. Then perhaps write down some of the positives of no contact and some aspirations for the future!

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content