Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      keepmovingfoward
      Participant

I know each of us has a different journey to our survival and different path to get there and follow to go forward.
      We all started from a different place with a different upbringing and have different influences in our lives.
      but there is strength in each of us to get out of there and survive!!

Take whatever you have or whatever you can and run! liberate yourself, open your eyes to a new beginning! take charge of your own destiny! challenge yourself everyday!

these abusers who have taken it upon themselves to impose themselves on us have no right to remove our self-worth, our confidence or our dignity! Take back what is yours! they don’t deserve your love or loyalty!

I can only speak on my own experience when i say that no contact has been my lifeline in reclaiming ‘ME’, i’m not 100% but i remember who i am now, i can experience the world again, my confidence is growing each day! be kind to your self – find your strength – you deserve it! 🙂

lover of no contact
      Participant

love your name and love this post.

they don’t deserve our love or loyalty, so true.

iwillbeok
      Participant

yes! 1000 x yes! love this post! I had strength to put up with his abuse (unknowingly) and now that strength is standing me in good stead to heal, take back my life and heal my children too! I am facing all kinds of stress at the moment but find I am not buckling or going into my ‘bubble’ of trying to just ignore things and hope they will go away – like I used to do. I am facing life challenges head-on, on my own terms and winning!

He tried so hard to break me, stomp out my fire but the little ember and flicker of flame that just refused to be snuffed out is growing. He can’t win now. I am beyond his reach. I keep telling myself I no longer care (waht he thinks, what he feels) and it is becoming more and more true each day. I used to look back to the night of his arrest with guilt as the realisation must have dawned on him what I had done. Now I look back with a smirk as I imagine the “What the f**k?!” as it dawned on him that he had lost – and lost big!

We all have such strength inside us.
      xx Iwillbeok (I will be much more than ok!)

lover of no contact
      Participant

I too have a little smirk knowing I am beyond his reach.

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

Lovely to read such a positive post.
      Thank you for sharing xx

Borntobefree
      Participant

I took what ever I wanted even his stuff
      I sold his possessions ( karma)

I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel 😁
      Who needs a man I dont

cloudyday
      Participant

Admiration to all of you. I’m still trying to find that strength. Your stories are so positive and inspiring. It is true. These people don’t deserve our love and loyalty. They sap our strength, self worth and energy.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

So nice to hear your positive inspiring thoughts. I’m still planning at present and I must admit reading all the problems everyone faces is a bit daunting sometimes. I’m not giving up or having second thoughts, just taking things slowly as it was a bit of a shock to realise it was abuse not just a c**p marriage. I have started to feel a little of that defiant spark and starting to remember who I am again. It’s really great to know there’s hope of becoming a strong independent woman like you ladies. You’re spot on when you say they have no right to treat us this way and we deserve better. Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content