Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bettybird
      Participant

Hello lovelies, just wanted to share … I’ve got my first counselling session tomorrow and I’m bricking it. (detail removed by Moderator) I can’t help it tho… am I opening a can of worms that’s best left with the lid on ? I feel sick and can’t stop thinking about it. My lovely other half doesn’t want to know about my past, he can’t handle it or understand so I don’t talk to him. Hope I get some sleep later …

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good luck with counselling tomorrow, don’t be scared, I know you will be because I have confidence/counselling coming up and I don’t know what to expect either. I’m sure though that they know what they are doing, I think from what I have been told that we talk about what happened but also some therapies you don’t. I have kept re living over & over again, I think the reason we desperately need it, is to teach us how to remove it and deal with the thoughts better and cope with things easier too. Good luck xx

Bettybird
        Participant

Thank you, I keep reliving it too, every day…. so let’s hope it goes ok. I have the school run to do after so have to be back to “normal” straight after .. think that’s going to be hard ay x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content