Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I went to see a psychologist today, first time, she seems nice, listened to me and asked questions. It was strange but good. She kept nodding her head when I was speaking, like she knew what I was going to say next. Heard it all before I suppose. I had to go private but I’m hoping it will help me. I just want to know how to deal with it. I don’t think anyone will be able to explain why all this happened in the first place but I’d really like to know that! (I think I already know the reason, NPD, but I can’t comprehend NPD) so that’s probably why I’ll never understand.

I think the object of the sessions are to help me deal with it better and put those memories in their proper place in my brain. The memories that are traumatic but happened so quickly and violently that my brain didn’t get the chance to process them at the time so they’re floating about my head, poking at me all the time.

Don’t know if that makes sense.

iwillbeok
      Participant

Hi Dragonfly, i have been in counselling for a little while now and have found it extremely useful to just unburden all the conflicting feelings and thoughts. It’s not about trying to figure out why they did it, that will just send us around in circles. Its about healing ourselves, forgiving ourselves and moving forward.

I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me
      x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thanks iwillbeok.

I think it’s worth a try. Today was good, like someone actually understood me. I’m suffering with PTSD anxiety and depression but a new thing has just hit me over the last week, I actually seem to be feeling guilt! Only in the morning when I wake up. I’ve no Idea why I feel this. It’s like a big dread that comes over me and guilt. Like I’ve done something bad the night before when all I’ve done is cook dinner, wash dishes and watched TV or listened to music. It passes quite quickly tho, prob because I have to get up in the morning. Just odd.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content