Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Last night was a bad one. In the past these would floor me for days, even weeks. Just want to let the ladies know who are experiencing these at the moment that it does pass and even if they rear their ugly heads now and again, its only a nightmare. He cant touch me. Onwards and upwards….. 😃

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thanks Kip. I’m currently signed off work because all the horrible stuff has come back with a vengeance, like nightmares, flashbacks etc. Been put on anti depressants too :-S

KIP.
      Participant

Hey Dragonfly, you cant rush the healing process, just be very kind to yourself and let your brain work through the trauma. Make sure you have a good therapist too. Or at least use the helplines to talk things out when you need to. I used rape crisis helpline, samaratains and womens aid. Its taken nearly three years for me to begin to feel well again so just let time heal you and take all the help you can get meantime. Dont underestimate the effects of trauma.hang in there x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content