Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi, had quite a few issues getting on to this site, felt lost without the contact and support you give.

Having issues getting my head round the changes, probably an age thing :).

Hope things are improving for all you lovely ladies xx.

Still on a rollercoaster. he is not replying to the letters from mediation, they have rung him once and trying again next week and then that will be it. Part of me is scared to do it with him anyway.

Then after a long long time of making excuses not to get my things (detail removed by moderator). I gave him a time limit and he did it. Well what was left he sold most of it or took it out of the house while I was out at work.

My son is now a mini me of his father so I now get abuse in stereo not mono. I wonder if my relationship with my children will ever work out?

Amethyst15
      Participant

Hi Falling Skys,
      Glad to see you got through to the site, I also felt lost without the support. Made me realise how much i relied on the posts and replies to help through the wobbles and anxiety. Hopefully now you can post you’ll feel less alone in the struggles with the fallout post abuse. When our children display traits they’ve witnessed in our ex’s ‘standard’ responses it can be really distressing. Hope as you move away from the abuse from ex your son’s behaviour will improve. I know as my self-esteem grew, and with a more mature way of dealing with things(ex’s way was always to shout, swear and slam around), i was able to set boundaries and talk things through with my children. Life at home is a lot more peaceful generally but if we have an argument it’s sorted out with a lot more respect for feelings. It takes a lot of time and patience because all the family have suffered at an abuser’s hands. Is there someone close family or friend who can help you? You so deserve respect from your child. Unfortunately it’s usually us that gets the brunt of their off-loading, never the real villain.Might take some tough love because you don’t deserve this. Keep posting x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Amethyst15

Thank you xx Its mind game central here, though it will brake me to loss my children I will not be abused by anyone now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content