Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Texas
      Participant

I have been doing really well lately, but today for some reason I found myself really missing the Devil. There was no trigger, nothing special about the day, it just appeared. Doing my best to get through it. Wish me luck x

Sad and alone
      Participant

Good luck Texas. You can work through it I’m sure. Just remember you’ve already done what a lot of us haven’t been able to (yet). Don’t let this person take away all the hard work it’s taken to get you where you are. Take care x

Texas
      Participant

Thank you, a tough day today.

minimeerkat
      Participant

bless your heart, it means its just one of those days to take a bit more care of yourself & if you can do a few little things you enjoy
      if i ever have days like this, i gently remind myself of the truth – that yes during the relationship there were some good days, but most of the time i was scared, anxious, confused, hopeless, helpless, heartbroken, depressed, frustrated, annoyed, invisible & alone
      you are amazing, you have made such wonderful progress. stay as strong as you can
      get through the rest of the day & see what tomorrow brings
      sending lots of love & a really big hug x

Texas
      Participant

Thank you both,

As sad as it sounds, I would prefer to feel like this anyday compared to how I felt when I was coerced, manipulated, given the silent treatment, stonewalled, accused of things I had not done etc.

This is also part if a very old thinking habit I have of seeking validation from others when really it needs to come from within me. I can do this.

charmed
        Participant

Hi Texas I’ve see your name on many posts on here your advice and support to us ladies is amazing.

Just wanted to say I’m really proud of you. sending you a hug x

Texas
      Participant

Thank you x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content