Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Whathaveidone
      Participant

I was reading why does he do that and felt overwhelmed by some of the pages I was reading. I looked through one one my phones and found the number of one of my friend who I had lost contact with so so many years. I somehow found the courage from somewhere and I decide to text her about what has happened to me. I’m so glad she hasn’t changed her number.

I think this is the first step to my freedom right?

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. It’s important to have supportive people around you. I hope she understands. It shows your self confidence is returning too x

Whathaveidone
        Participant

yes she’s one of the only people I trust. The first thing she wanted to know was whether I was safe and told me she assumed I had just moved away.

I’m so determined to leave this man right now. He’s sick, twisted and I can’t take the emotional and sexual abuse any longer. He even told me himself some weeks ago that sometimes he feels like he’s raping me…

He deprives me from eating properly so I’m always weak all the time. When I went back home some weeks ago, the first thing my brother told me was that I looked thin. I went to weigh myself and found out that I had lost half a stone. I was only away for a week with my ‘partner’.

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes! The more people know the better for your escape plan! Is she in any position to help you if needed?

Whathaveidone
        Participant

I think so but more so when I’m at home in the UK.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Whathaveidone,

Well done you on the huge step of texting your friend. I just wanted to show you some support. You are being so brave and have done the really hard thing of accepting that you don’t want to be in this relationship any more. Now that you know this you can start to put a safety plan together. Please phone the helpline or get in touch with your local Women’s Aid group as they can help you to ensure that you are safe and know all your options so that you can decide what might be best for you. Leaving a relationship can be a dangerous time and your partner sounds like a dangerous man so please get some professional support.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Whathaveidone
        Participant

thank you so much Lisa.

I really do want to go. The only problem I have now is escaping safely and getting support for me, mum and brother.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content