Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinky0
      Participant

Hi all,

So Ive been in a relationship thats been abusive for the last (detail removed by moderator) roughly. Im a ley worker and he threw me out (detail removed by moderator), very aggreesive and nasty. It jusy got to much that I just thought I need to speak to someone and I did a colleague at work. Im now waiting on a phone assessment for housing, I dont have children.

Whats others experiences of help/housing etc?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Pinky0

Thank you for your post and worry to hear about your situation. Well done for opening up to your colleague, we know it must have been difficult for you.

I hope that you hear back from housing soon and that they give you some further information.

Just to let you know, your local domestic abuse service can provide some help and help you liaise with the council if you feel you aren’t getting anywhere. You can find your local service here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

There is also the option of going into a refuge too. https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/what-is-a-refuge-and-how-can-i-stay-in-one/

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Pinky0
      Participant

Hi Lisa,

Its been two weeks and Im still in the same place after a housing application, two assessnents and a referral to a refuge! I was told Id be in it by Friday afternoon. But heard nothing. I know I may not be special but I did expect some help, I got asked questions why I had never applied before, and I said because I need help now! Its his flat and I have no legal right to it.

So frustrated and my family are sick with wprry. I feel so fed up and trapped.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Pinky0

Sorry to hear that you are still not in suitable accommodation. I can understand that you are feeling frustrated and that your family are worried. As you said, you need help now so 2 weeks is too long to be waiting.

Please keep trying and call the refuge up tomorrow, your safety is so important so don’t be afraid to keep calling them up to remind them that you are waiting to hear back. I would suggest getting in touch with your local domestic abuse service (if you haven’t already) and asking for an Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA) to see if she could take over and help you to chase things up as it’s a lot for you to have to deal with. You can also find a list of refuges and their phone numbers here https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are doing,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content