Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

Recently, I have felt so flat.

A few weeks ago, I was still very much in fighting spirit, and I had strong opinions about my abuse. Now, I feel flat. I feel like my personality has been erased. I can’t even be the mum I want to be, as he is there always upsetting the apple cart.

I want to find myself again and don’t know how. X

Ayanna
      Participant

That is because he is in contact with your kids and still terrorizes your life. Get rid of him entirely. Make the kids not want to see him for a while. Sorry, parental alienation can be a survival strategy when it comes to abusive men. The UN and the fathers movements will not be happy about that, hahaha!
      I suffered so much damage from the abuse and from all what happened to me after fleeing that I am still not myself, although he is now completely out of my life.

Serenity
      Participant

You are right, Ayanna. It is because he is encroaching on us all again.

Trouble is, he is so clever, if I try to tell the kids, it will look like sour grapes and he will tell them it is.

All I can do is do it indirectly- by helping them to be independent and think for themselves etc.

If I do it overtly, it will backfire.

It seems mad that today he has both kids, is acting like Father of the Year, and yet he was cruel to them for years.

Thanks for responding, Ayanna. X*x

myfairyqueen
      Participant

Is there a third party who can use for him to see the kids through if he is coming your house? Try to limit the contact with you as much as possible.

KIP.
      Participant

You are doing so well serenity. Playing the long game. We all know the mask will slip. It already has. Is it possible to drop the kids at your mums. Is she close enough? It’s amazing how toxic these men are. A terrible emotional trauma they cause time after time. I’m seriously thinking of trying to get a lifelong restraining order. (detail removed by Moderator) x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content