Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jackanory
      Participant

I’m new to these forums but I’ve got a query.
      I’ve heard domestic abuse gets worse when there’s a major football tournament on. Is this anyone else’s experience?

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Jackanory,

Welcome.

I heard this too, though I am not sure why.

Is it because men drink more when watching matches, and get emotional or angry when their team loses?

Apparently it’s the mix of drink and high emotions – have met women who used to pray that their partners team would win and were terrified of how angry their partner would be if the team lost.

I’m not sure what it is about football that brings out the hooligan in some men.

kitty
      Participant

because they have the mentality to strop and scream when they can’t have their own way, ie, lack of or distorted emotional development which makes them look like adults but not think like one.

Jackanory
      Participant

Thanks for your response. I see it in the press, and I’m glad nobody here has reported probs with domestic abuse getting worse during the footy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content