Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

I “got out” as some of you know a while back.had to return lately to get my furniture etc. He wasn’t supposed to be here but is, quietly stalking me around the house. I ignored him for (detail removed by Moderator) days, really hard, as I struggled with heavy furniture and boxes up and down stairs. Increasingly walking on eggshells, fearful, sick. He did not offer to lift or help. Eventually had to speak to him about something he e delayed through solicitors. In 3 sentences he sickened, confused and made me feel guilty. Then started fussing one of my pets but not the other. Then I saw he has had photos of them professionally printed even though he has hurt one frequently. He doesn’t want child hood photos of our children. He broke some parts of a machine belonging to me. Stalking me quietly all the time. Physically crying over one pet just now telling her he will miss her. He never cries, ever.
      I felt guilt, angst, regret, sorrow. Wondered if he is mentally ill and if it’s my fault. Then saw he has hidden toilet roll so I cant use any more. He has systematically and methodically ordered expensive replacements for the household utensils that I am taking, in a very short space time. I don’t feel safe and I think….how did I survive this for so long? Oh yes I didn’t it takes antidepressants and sleeping pills to help me function.

YellowBird
      Participant

That constant emotional manipulation is so draining, but you’re still out, still going, still not believing it. Well done on remembering how awful it was and not being sucked back in with the emotional stuff being thrown at you.
      One day at a time. You’re very brave… sending strength and love.

Chestnut
      Participant

Thank you for posting this, I am just a little bit behind you but am getting similar things. I can totally imagine the having to drag heavy boxes up and down stairs etc. I have had him separate out the kitchen utensils and the duvets so far this week so the toilet roll comment did make me chuckle. Their tiny way to try and grasp back any pathetic bit of control. You should feel very proud of getting out of this and I hope everything wonderful for your future. This really made me feel not alone thank you x

Cecile
      Participant

Last night here. I could not mentally have done this without knowing I can “tell” on this forum. In front of removal men he stared gently telling me not to lift things. Actually shed tears again over a pet, pretending to cry which has messed with the pets head big time. Then saying things like “am not allowed near you”to it whilst ignoring the other pet he lived with for (detail removed by moderator). (Details a little. Fictional for safety). I am truly beyond exhausted but heading off soon to never return.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Vomit. Pure vomit from him. And they think they are soo clever! Their arrogance is so not entertaining. Blech.

I am so proud of you!!! Pretty soon you are going to put up big barriers all around you, inside your head and otherwise to say – if you’re not good for me, you’re not allowed in my life. End of!! Poof! Be gone!

Cecile
      Participant

I am here in bed and he has come back being mr nicely but menacing….we all know this act….. he is not supposed to talk to me but I was hauling my sore and aching body (from packing and moving on my own) on one last task he started. Had to make a list of what to do next. Sounding reasonable but it was harasssment, following me. Saying “oh sorry “ in an exaggerated way when I said I was too tired and had too much to do. I was walking on eggshells. Came up to bed and he followed me just now, bordering on hysterical about why I took the tv stick (it’s mine!) and I could have at least left him with a certain essential household item ……feeling scared now. He’s
      At his most dangerous when I get the better of him in his eyes, and or he loses his control.roll on 6 am so I can leave. I would go now but am shattered, it would be dangerous.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content