Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      WhiskyRose
      Participant

Has anyone gone through this?

I am currently going back and forth with solicitors as house is jointly owned, no children, not married.. but he is refusing to discuss or sell the house.

I am heading towards an order of sale but would like to hear any other experiences of going through it

Thanks x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello WhiskyRose,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this, it sounds like a very stressful situation.

I’m sure other users will be along soon to offer their advice and experience.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi WhiskeyRose

I have heard of many abusive partners refusing to get divorces and/or sell houses, it seems fairly common, and i’m sorry that you are experiencing this.

Thankfully, there is the option to force a sale. I knew of someone recently that did all they could to obstruct the sale of their property, and previously knew of someone’s who’s ex would not vacate and became obstructive when it came to arranging and conducting viewings, and valuations even.

I hope this all goes through quickly for you and you can move on.

war;mest wishes ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content