Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Nomoredrama
      Participant

I have recently given evidence against my ex for sexually assaulting me.

Well the case is over and he was found guilty! I am so unbelievably relieved that I was actually believed in court. Cross examination was awful as were the lies he used to try and get out of it. Well they saw through him!

He is in prison now and I am on my way to freedom and becoming strong again!

Maybe he will think twice before abusing women in the future or if he does it’s all there on record if it’s needed.

That is absolutely fantastic news. Congrats and well done for being so strong you are truly amazing and courageous to get this far they are expert manipulators and will go to extreme lengths to get off the hook but you showed him you would not let him get away with this. But, please please be careful and vigilant now he may try to contact you whilst he is in prison you can’t put anything past these monsters they are vile x*x

KIP.
      Participant

You should be very very proud of yourself. I had to be cross examined too and the questions they allowed were horrendous and not even relevant. You did so well. Not just for yourself but as a role model for other women. It also sends a message to society that says we won’t tolerate abuse. Be very very kind to yourself as you will still be very fragile but at least he’s kept away from you. Enjoy the peace and build on your confidence ❤️

Missssy
      Participant

Congratulations for being so strong and getting such a positive result! Now you can truly focus on getting back to being yourself and loving yourself – he is absolute s**m for violating you like that and more than deserves being locked up. you are FREE x*x

shine bright 2
      Participant

Congratulations! I never had the courage but it make my hart jump with joy to know that u did and that he got what he deserved….amazing u. X

Grenache
      Participant

AMAZING!! Seriously so happy for you, and really all women – it’s always good news when abusers get what they deserve and unfortunately, that’s rare.

Indiamalachite
      Participant

I totally agree with everyone above. WELL DONE for having the courage to go to Court and hold him accountable. I am so happy for you. You have done an amazing thing and help to break the silence and hold these horrible people accountable. I hope you have some support also. Big love to you!!!! <3 <3 xx

Serenity
      Participant

No More Drama,

You should be so proud of yourself.

Never forget how strong you are, and what you’re capable of achieving.

x

Ayanna
      Participant

These are such great news!
      Thank you for being so strong!
      You make all of us proud! xx

Dragonfly
      Participant

I’m so happy for you nomoredramma. I’ve still got the trial to go through and still can’t get the ‘I won’t be believed ‘ feeling out of my head.

Your post gave me hope! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

well done for pursuing, excellent result

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content