Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      swanlake
      Participant

My abuser has abused me in every way and the economic abuse is the least of my problems.
      I’ve recently tried to go to my local law centre drop in session for some free legal advice but found the place closed. I’m sure that there was no information on their website about the closure so it was a wasted journey.
      It’s a long story but I’m too unwell to work much to be able to pay for legal advice and not eligible for legal aid because I own property so on paper I have too much money by way of savings. Sadly I’m not going to get any money out of the property because of economic abuse so the legal aid solicitor would also not be guaranteed to get any money to pay themselves. It doesn’t seem fair that I am denied legal aid by the system and my abuser and free legal advice is so hard to find.

Lostnalone
      Participant

This is so wrong Swanlake. Is there no online services that offer the 1st hr free.x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content