Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      iwillbeok
      Participant

I’ve had a breakthrough today. All my hard work has paid off. There’s been a fundamental shift in me. I’ve forgiven myself – not only for the errors I made in trying to survive his abuse but for not seeing what was going on. I am able to finally, completely lay the blame, truly at his feet.

Have been listening to Stronger – Brittany Spears on a loop!

I am a survivor.

Xx iwillbeok

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. It’s not your fault. Dealing with trauma leaves little headspace for any kind of thought process. Let alone trying to understand, deal with and even articulate abuse or our abusers. Onwards and upwards x

herewegoagain
        Participant

Me to I’m a fighter it’s taken 4 walk outs on a marriage of decades.I have been seriously ill..like I am gonna die ill…the bast*rs didn’t even visit me in hospital. I am now filing for divorce and my children are standing right beside me. I am safe happy and warm…I will NEVER go back there Strength to all if I can do this anyone can x

well done lovely will listen to that myself

herewegoagain
      Participant

Maybe thread with all the power songs on…for me it’s This is me..Keala Settle..I am marching on to the beat I DRUM..not him..x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Wow well done iwillbeok! I have only recently realised that I still carry his blame on my shoulder and it’s so heavy. I can’t wait for the day I can lay the blame at his feet too.
      I am very happy for you and proud, your victory shines hope and possibility for all of us 🙂

backtome
      Participant

My go to songs are Praying and Rainbow by Kesha.

I love this post – so glad you are feeling free. x

Ayanna
      Participant

You are an inspiration. I still have not forgiven myself.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content