Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragon
      Participant

It’s so strange but recently I just have this overwhelming sense that I need to be free. He is being nice at the moment but I feel like it’s too late.
      I’m scared about taking next steps and I have no idea how this will play out but I think this feeling may be the one that actually makes me leave.
      Can anyone relate?
      I have 2 kids, that he is quite rough with, nothing that crosses a clear line (otherwise a fairly good Dad) and the thing that worries me most is that me leaving will mean he is alone with the kids more.
      Hope you ladies are ok xxxx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi💜 i believe that is our body’s natural way of knowing there’s something better for us away from our oh. Once the fear of staying is greater than the fear of leaving, that’s when you’ll know it’s time. Sometimes it’s just as simple as thinking I can’t do this anymore and that’s when you know you’re on your way out of the relationship too. The thought of spending another 2 decades with my husband was enough to send me in a tizzy. It overwhelmed me, it was all I could think of.
      IWMB 💞💞

Dragon
      Participant

Me too, the scales have tipped and I’m ready.
      I’m so scared though. How do you do this? X

Wants To Help
      Participant

Start making plans and research your options. Whatever they are, you must take the children with you. DO NOT make plans that mean you go and leave the kids with him.

Where could you go and stay? Is there a family member that can put you and the children up for a while? Can you afford to take on a six month tenancy somewhere yourself? If not, speak to Refuge and see if they can/will accommodate you until you find somewhere.

How will he react if you leave? Is he likely to assault you, harass you? If so, seek advice from an organisation about applying for a Non Molestation Order. (NCDV or DV Assist can help).

Seek advice around Contact Orders for days he will see the children.

Knowledge is power. If you can’t research at home, or make phone calls, try and get to one of the shops that are offering safe spaces to make these calls and use the internet. Boots and Morrisons are two of them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content