Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Darkclouds321
      Participant

Today marks (detail removed by Moderator). (detail removed by Moderator) of freedom. (detail removed by Moderator) of discovering who I am after burying myself for so long. (detail removed by Moderator) of no arguments. (detail removed by Moderator) of not walking on eggshells

I was done for so long but could not leave, I didn’t accept the abuse he put me through, degrading myself daily by staying.
      The last incident happened and there was a witness, and something clicked I was finally strong enough. This time has been different, I am not sad, I feel strong, I feel happy.
      He will never hurt me again, the last incident has left a physical scar on me, a permanent reminder I deserve better and did not cause this.
      I have not seen him once or heard from him in this time, he’s not able to which is good but I also feel scared not knowing his next move. We do have a child together. He has paid nothing for her not seen her in this time but I can’t see him giving up that easily. But for now I enjoy my freedom

Llgirl
      Participant

Well done for having the strength to walk away, all the best

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content