Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cornflake
      Participant

So I’ve attended my first session and found it almost comforting being amongst others who know exactly what it’s like to live this miserable hell. I’m very much in my situation still – he doesn’t know I’m attending the programme, made up something else to explain where I’ll be every week. Silly as it sounds, it gives me a little something to smile about knowing he has no idea I’ve reached out for support. I just wanted to share my little victory with you even though I know it sounds pathetic. Take care everyone. Xx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Cornflake this is a huge step, I am so happy to read this post 💪 ❤️ nothing pathetic whatsoever x

Cornflake
        Participant

Thank you Hereforhelp.

Coogeebee
        Participant

What is the Freedom Programme? Is it nationwide?

Cornflake
        Participant

The Freedom Programme is available nationwide as far as I’m aware, it’s for survivors, who are either still in, or have left their abusive partners. You can get more information online about what it’s about but I am really glad I got involved. They run for 12 weeks, I’ve done three so far and am getting a lot from it. I found about it through my local Womens Aid. Hope this helps.

Footballfan1
      Participant

This is not pathetic.
      This is amazing and extremely brave👏.
      Well done for taking this big step.
      As you get through the programme, you will have many light bulb moments and it will help when you talk it through with the other ladies.
      Amazing news, I feel so happy for you.
      X

Cornflake
        Participant

😘

Coogeebee
        Participant

Hi I have emailed the person who runs my local group. It will help to know I’m not the only person living seemingly normal lives on the surface but in fact live with the threat of some sort of domestic abuse every day. At the moment I just feel totally alone.

Cornflake
        Participant

Hi Coogeebee, I’m glad you’ve reached out, this life is very hard (that’s an understatement) but there is support out there and on this forum so you are definitely not alone. I hope you get the support you deserve. X

nbumblebee
      Participant

Wow this is just amazing how incredably brave you are.
      I often wonder what its like to actually meet and talk to others who just gwt it too.
      Must have been heart warming i guess to know you really arent alone. And empowering to do it without him knowing go you.
      Be proud of yourself took alot balls sweetie well done xxxx

Cornflake
        Participant

Thank you nbumblebee, it does help speaking with others, if only a tiny bit. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content