Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

Has anyone done the freedom programme, did it help.

maddog
      Participant

I’ve done it a couple of times. Being in a space with other women really helped. Looking at abusive behaviour instead of our response really helped. Quite often in Anon groups, you find people blaming themselves. With Freedom, you start to learn that it’s not all your fault, and that you can make those changes. For me, it changed the game

Blueskies3
        Participant

Hi,
        Is the Freedom programme running face to face now with Covid?
        Also, has anyone tried the online course, or is it just an online version of the book (I already have the book)
        Thanks x

peppa-pig
      Participant

I did it once it was fab there’s also a book it is really helpful x

Lottieblue
      Participant

Absolutely without a doubt

soxy
      Participant

This sounds interesting, I will try googling it, but if anyone has a link, that would be helpful. Thank you x

soxy
      Participant

I’ve googled the Freedom Program, looks really good and I’m going to make contact with my local area.

Daff
      Participant

Its online at the moment.i felt a little out of place like I was intruding. I lost all my friends and he become sexually abusive later on in the relationship but I can’t put my finger on why I stopped going out with friends, I know he would always think I had done something with other men but I xant rememberwhenit started. But I don’t know what he said or did was it in my head. I’m lost and don’t know what to think anymore.

gettingtired
      Participant

I bought the book Living with the dominator and paid £12 to do the freedom programme online but found it was just a repeat of the book. Would really like to join a group in person x

seaglass
      Participant

Hi, yes I have done it via zoom. I was actually still in my relationship when I started it but it gave me the courage/ information and support to get him to go. I found it very helpful and the other woman on it were so supportive.

Blueskies3
        Participant

Hi,
        So if you pay the £12 to do it online, will it be via Zoom with other people?
        I would like to interact with other people, not just get an online version of the book
        Thanks x

seaglass
        Participant

Hi, I did it through my local womans aid. I had spoken to them a few times and they suggested it would be really helpful for me. It was on Zoom with a group and someone leading it. I didn’t pay anything so not sure if what you have seen is different? Maybe worth giving your local WA a call and enquiring, I hope that helps x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Wow how amazing are you all for doing this. It looks amazing but I could never find the courage to do it eslecially face2face that just way beyond me. Online is it live or can you dip in amd out? I wish I had the balls to be able to do this. You should all feel so proud of yourselves
      For being so brave and amazing x*x

Pinkypanther
      Participant

ive had this mentioned to me a few times, Its something that I am thinking of looking into. I am feeling stronger all the time and feeling loads better in just these few weeks but i guess the more I do the more I will heal and stronger I will be.
      xx

Daff
      Participant

I’m finding it hard to sleep and feel like I’m running on empty, I find myself trying to avoid thinking about it which clearly isn’t working. Hopefully this will help me get a place that I will feel stronger. I’m only at the beginning of this programme and I’m hoping to understand things more when its complete and when it started and the signs. It’s good to hear that it has helped women and is continuing to do so

soxy
      Participant

I just wanted to thank everyone for speaking about the freedom programme – I’m doing it online as that works for me, but it’s been really eye opening for me! I am definitely realising that there has been a lot more abuse than I realised. I would definitely recommend people do this and for me it’s well worth the £12. So thanks again xx

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content