Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

I am now out of my abusive relationship but have decided today to purchase the online freedom programme. I was hoping to join a real one but not one in my area. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of help for women survivors here which is a real shame.

Anyway I wanted to ask if it’s worth me doing the programme as I am not in the relationship now? So far finding it therapeutic but also finding it’s making me tearful. Love to know your thoughts ladies X

Didi
      Participant

Hi Hopesprings

It is a shame that there are no actual groups in your area but I think you will still benefit greatly from doing the online version. I’m coming to the end of my ‘real’ freedom project and I say…Yes absolutely DO IT!!! You may be out of the relationship, the majority of the ladies in my group are including me, but it is for anyone at any stage of relationship and very much worth doing. At times it has been really hard to listen to and take part but ultimately I have found it to be eye-opening, heartbreaking, empowering, uplifting and I feel now I’m at the end that I will spot the signs of an abusive person from a mile off. I also don’t feel ashamed and embarrassed anymore like it was only me that this was happening to.
      Totally worth it, I think it should be available to everyone everywhere. Good luck let us know how you get on xx

Puffin
      Participant

Hi
      It is a shame that there isn’t a freedom programme running in your area. But I think that doing the online version is a good idea. It will help you recognise what was abuse in your previous relationship. There was probably a lot more than you realised, not just the obvious stuff. It will also help you if you get in another relationship.

Also I think it helps in my relationships with other people, I feel a little bit more confident saying something when other people are asking for too much.

If you have questions/ thoughts about the freedom programme post them here and we can be your virtual support group.
      Xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hopesprings,

I agree with the other women, do it! You have nothing to lose and the majority of women who do the course feel that they benefit in one way or another. It doesn’t matter if you are out of the relationship or not, there is still lots to be gained and learned.

Enjoy it and keep us updated on how you get on.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Hopesprings
      Participant

Thank you everyone 🙂 loving the support from you guys x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content