Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Harriet123
      Participant

Hi,

Has anyone joined the freedom project in their area? If so, can you let me know your thoughts on it please?
      Mine starts tomorrow and I’m so anxious and scared.

Thanks xx

Footballfan1
      Participant

Hey,

Don’t be afraid.
      The programme welcomes everyone.
      Tomorrow is my second time and I’m looking for
      ward to it x*x

Harriet123
        Participant

Turns out I didn’t need to be as worried and anxious as I was. I’m now looking forward to my second one too!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Harriet123

you are luck you have something in your area, many don’t, and you shouldn’t need to feel scared, I’m sure your group and facilitators will be very welcome support and information for you. Some women have to do the programme, but even so, its an environment of encouragement and help to have a better life and see abuse for what it is. Did you already leave your partner, or still together, I don’t think it matters either way.

warmest wishes

ts

Harriet123
        Participant

They were really great and everyone was really friendly. It’s my worst nightmare speaking in front of new people but it made it easier remembering that we are all in the same boat. I left him (detailed removed by Moderator) years ago, but we have a child together meaning we have to co parent which has been extremely difficult as he’s continued to try and control me and be nasty to me. I’m in the process of legal action now but it’s so difficult. 🙁

Twisted Sister
        Participant

that would be a really good issue to take to the facilitators, as bad father is one of the topics you will be covering at one of the sessions, and other women there will also have current knowledge of whats available and manageable in the area.

warmest wishes

ts

Harriet123
        Participant

Amazing, it’s one of the things I struggle with the most. Trying to prove and show people that he’s an awful dad but feeling like no one sees it just because my daughter doesn’t have a bruise on her body. He uses her as a tool to get to me, he doesn’t actually care properly about her feelings, she’s just another human that he can manipulate and it’s so difficult to see it happen to my own daughter especially as she’s so young.

Footballfan1
      Participant

I’m in the same boat regarding children, ex uses them as a tool against me.
      I recently withheld any form of contact with the kids and the police helped me enforce it.
      I’m not sure how long it will last though, I do have evidence that he is mentally abusive towards them, mostly guilt trips, saying lots of nasty things about me to them, shouts at them etc.
      I was referred to MARAC and apparently the authorities are happy that I’m safeguarding the children by withholding contact with their dad.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content