Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

Hey, I have joined social groups with no luck in friends. I find some but then they move on. I have life after abuse where I have had issues with housing having to move and move again. I used up money doing social groups with no luck. Any ideas on this – lower cost?

swanlake
      Participant

I’ve found some lovely friends in mental health groups. They have funding for activities like art, music and walking. I’ve received free paint brushes!
      I’ve been to both NHS groups and ones run by charities. I didn’t need a formal diagnosis or referral but I do have mental health issues. I think I was so busy surviving I didn’t realise how poorly I was.

StrongLife
      Participant

Ok – I tried a number of groups – some better than others. I’m trying something else now that is similar. Again I’m moving (for other reason). Things may change there. I have had acquaintances only for some time.

Mamabrave
      Participant

Have you tried church groups? Or if you have children, some family groups and then inviting someone for coffee after the next time? Volunteering at things can open up friendship opportunities.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content