Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Frustrated! I told police about an incident with him and they shared with other agencies, that has now ended up in the public domain via some clever agency worker sharing it. Does anyone care? no ! He was never questioned about it and so if he finds out that I told them he is gonna go mad. This is not the first time this has happened and it frustrates me no end because it closes all doors to all agencies if I am to protect myself because they are so careless and they really do not care they dress it up as safeguarding and leave me to deal with him.

I was advised to go to the local womens aid but they will only meet outside the house and that is impossible for me. I wont go to the police because although they are careful no other agency is and of course all reports end up with adult and child safeguarding. Generally sick of it all and yes he is to blame for everything I am not blaming the agencies for anything other than being careless with my information and then I am left with the worry of him finding out. To top it all when all eyes are on him he gets worse and it is like living with a time bomb. Cannot bear much more.

Ayanna
      Participant

I think you cannot leave this as it is. You need to complain to your local MP.
      That is cross misconduct.
      Your information must never be shared publicly.
      You can get financial compensation in a civil courts trial for this!

Find out how to complain and deal with these a…
      And also, do not give up reporting your abuser. The police has a complaints commission too.
      And there are the news, media, where you can report cross misconduct. Get the names of those people!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Ayanna, I have put in a complaint with both agencies. It seems that once you are labelled a DV family all rights to privacy are gone. Both times it has happened I have found out by accident I am sure this is happening a lot to women in the system but they are totally unaware of it. I have no objections to information sharing between agencies but when they share with family members and other people who are non professionals it’s totally humiliating and to me they are taking my rights away just like he does just in a different way. It winds me up no end that they can get away with it. I now will do my best to ensure they are not getting hold of information concerning me or my family. The police shared it initially and it seems its the other agencies who then end up handing it over to people outside of professionals. They will probably get away with it but I will do my best to make sure they don’t.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content