Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Twisted Sister
      Participant

my heart is racing and my head swirls and hurts as i hear a man’s voice roar behind me. They have heard me scream before when i’ve been out and they’ve walked passed. the police have3 been involved, but i was asked what i’d done to provoke them.

i have a sign on my head, saying abuse me. its nothing to the police.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I feel like i just can’t take anymore… i live with fear forever and feel like i should just step into it and take whatever they are gonna give, because the fear is worse than the punishment

Knots
      Participant

You are right, the fear is far worse. That is how you are controlled by them. That is how all of us have been controlled, often for years. They are doing this because they get a reaction that feeds their pathetic inadequate lives. However you can’t just switch off fear, don’t I know that. You need some help to cope with this, have you phoned the helpline?

Knots
      Participant

Big hug. You are right, the fear is far worse. That is how you are controlled by them. That is how all of us have been controlled, often for years. They are doing this because they get a reaction that feeds their pathetic inadequate lives. However you can’t just switch off fear, don’t I know that. You need some help to cope with this, have you phoned the helpline?

Twisted Sister
      Participant

thank you, Knots, my fear has gone completely ballistic, as now when scared I actually don’t know what i’m doing any more, which in turn is even more scarey! Yes, I have recently called the helpline, it took a week to get through and when i did get through they tried to help with services locally (which have been awful!)

it keeps bringing everything bback to life for me, over and over, you know? triggering other situations in my head and causing more distress, not just the distress of the moment!

hugs to you too xx warmest wishes ks

Knots
      Participant

Hi Ks
      It sounds like you maybe suffering from PTSD. I think you need to discuss this with your GP. It seems to be very common in women that have suffered abuse. I’ve finally made an appointment to see my GP after an horrendous week where I just lost the plot.
      I would try the helpline again. You can explain why you didn’t find the local services helpful, they may suggest something else.
      In the meantime keep posting here, where everyone understands.
      Lots more hugs x*x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

thank you lots Knots.
      I do have a wonderful GP whom I feel comfortable to share quite a lot with, and she completely understands, and i take tablets for it already, its just taken me to another layer if that makes sense?
      bless you, and sorry to hear you’ve had an horrendous week. the helpline were aware its poor in this area, but thats all they could suggest. Its just that thats all there is. Having this forum though is awesome in so many ways.

warmest wishes ks xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content