Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Fairyliquid
      Participant

I believe whole heartedly that my partner loves me.
      She is broken hearted but will stop at no lengths to coerce me to stay which makes me feel like I have no choice.

(detail removed by Moderator) she said I didn’t say something that I recalled saying.(this thing proved I didn’t care about her).

I swore on everything I had and was so confident I had said it.
      She then said she had recorded the conversation which proved I hadn’t said it.
      I asked for a recording.
      She said no,
      I was so desperate to find out if I am mad that I pointed out it was illegal to record someone
      That is she would not give me a copy I would go to the police.
      She swears she has a copy but will not give me.

She has fallen to sleep drunk.
      She is selling our house (in my name) if I do not go on holiday with her.
      I do not feel comfortable as last time we were together she lost her temper when I could only do babysteps as i feel on edge around her.
      I do not know what to do. This girl loves me with all that she has but I feel coerced into staying and slightly mad.
      If given freedom to choose to stay I might.
      I have caused her so much pain by trying to leave but I have such a hard emotional bond to her that I don’t seem to be able to leave.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi FairyLiquid,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Its really distressing when someone makes you question your reality in this way. It can feel really isolating and you described feeling on edge around her.

You mentioned how she is coercing you to stay- love is not control and you have the freedom to choose what relationships you keep in your life. Its really hard to break free from an abusive relationship so keep reaching out for that support.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content