Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Choices
      Participant

Hi
      I can’t access my financial info, he took over everything. He has had credit cards in my name, the companies won’t let me see the statements due to GDPR. I’m now worrying about my tax return as he’s done that and I need to find out how much (detail removed by moderator)  I’ve had. I have contacted the estate agents and they won’t tell me because of GDPR – surely it is my data? Does anybody know the law around this please?

Bananaboat
      Participant

Are these things in joint names or just yours? If just yours then as long as you can prove your identity quoting GDPR at you is a cop out. Best option is to make a Subject Access Request to each of the companies, under GDPR they will be required to release all records to you, although the law allows some things to be retracted. I don’t think they can charge for these requests anymore (used to be £10) but might need to double check this.

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

I wanted to come off a joint account . Initially bank said I couldn’t as needed his permission, however I told them I had no contact and a non mol order and they spoke to a higher department and sorted it. May be worth thinking about

Choices
      Participant

Things he’s put in my name without me knowing 🙁

Bananaboat
        Participant

If it’s in your name it’s your data.

If it’s been created without your permission that’s fraud, contact the police.

Don’t suffer alone 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content