Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      xxxxhelpxxxx
      Participant

Hi

I haven’t been in here for a while. Not a lot has changed. Can’t remember exactly where I got to in my story anyway!

Does anyone find the general low level abuse tiring? They’re fine one minute/day then the next they are picking at you. Mine has been fine (ish) recently since I told him it was over (but didn’t carry it through) but there have been a few days when I feel as if I’m treading on egg shells just waiting for the next thing to happen. For instance, yesterday he was fine but made some comments then told me he was just joking. Today he has been fine but something annoyed him at work and he’s been snapping at and telling me (detail removed by moderator). He has even recorded me while he was driving and played it back but didn’t actually make comment on it. He has been snappy towards me. I don’t feel I can say anything then he has a go at me for not saying anything!!

KIP.
      Participant

There is no such thing as low level abuse. This kind of abuse is controlling your behaviour. Confusing you. Getting you to change your behaviour. Hurting you and disguising it as a joke is typical abuser behaviour. Walking on eggshells will keep you in a state of anxiety which will sap your energy as you strive to appease him to prevent further abuse. There is no excuse for his behaviour. If he’s had a bad day at work, why isn’t he snapping at his boss. He chooses to abuse you and sadly he won’t change x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi xxxxhelpxxxx, time to go grey rock I think. He’s testing you, pushing you to see what you’ll really do. It’s good to see you on here in a way. It’s not good you’re still going through it, but good to know you’re ‘okay’.
      Yes the general low-level nitpicking is definitely tiring, it’s constant. (Detail removed by moderator).Having to constantly call them out on it, cause once you see the abuse fir what it is, verbal gaslighting, etc, you can’t unsee it, but we have tools now to help us😏
      You walk on eggshells most days, some days it’s fine, you get through most of it, then the knot in your stomach starts, you feel sick, and you want to just run. Keep posting when you can, pm me if you need to, you dont have to go through this alone love. Take care of yourself my friend
      Best wishes
      IWMB 💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hated those days (most days) when I knew he was just itching for a fight.

It’s so not low level abuse. Sometimes the long term, endless “low level” stuff wears you down more

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content