Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Iflippinglovedogs
      Participant

Next week I’ll be heading to my hometown to get some time away from him. I have a new job starting soon so I made the case that I wanted to see friends before I potentially got too busy again.

I’m thankful that he has no issue with me having male friends, but he doesn’t know that yesterday I finally told my closest friend whats been happening between my husband and I. My friend was horrified, and has been begging me to get on a coach and visit him ASAP, so that’s what I’m going to do.

I feel a lot better for having my friend know whats going on.

Tiffany
      Participant

Well done on reaching out for help and taking action. Hopefully you can work on a more permanent escape plan when you are with your friend.

I hope so too. With me it was a male friend (not romantic interest) who helped me get away and to whom I talked on the phone often.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content