Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t kno if anyone else done this. Asked the same place for help again after a bad experience asking them the first time? Wish it was easier to kill myself. Sick of being scared. Think he’s won. Don’t kno why I don’t give up except cos no easy way out. Sometimes wish he’d kill me but feel bad for him cos feel like it’s my fault for provoking him.

I’m sorry I’m having a massively down day today.

Has any of u called a service back after a bad experience? I spoke somewhere recently. They were really nice. She wanted to help me. Told me to call back if needed. She signposted me to some places but they were full. Called again today. It was a different woman and not good experience. She interrupted me straight away. Said I can see u spoke to us for ages the other day. What more do u want today. I ended up saying I was getting back with my ex to get off the phone. Hate going thru this. Thought would be over by now and that’s what kept me going when I left. It’s how I coped. Thinking nearly over. Thought leaving was the final hard thing. I’m being so miserable and moany and feel very helpless. I hate what I’ve turned into. I’ve got some places to try tomorrow. Just finding it hard to keep on trying.

KIP.
      Participant

Keep trying. Yes I’ve had a bad experience and called back. I learned to keep a pen and paper and ask for the names of the good ones. It awful when we are met with people we feel are not helpful. And yes I’ve had someone say something very similar. The last thing we need is to be made to feel like a burden. I think abuse makes us feel very vulnerable too. Dig deep and keep going.

gettingtired
      Participant

Yes I spoke to a very unhelpful person last year when I called a local charity and I still haven’t built up the courage to call the same service back. I tried another service today but they unfortunately don’t cover my area so they directed me to that service again. I told them I was reluctant to contact them again and they encouraged me to do it and were sympathetic about that bad experience. They said the woman clearly needed training. Not sure when I’ll be brave enough to ring again so might try an email first. Please don’t let the bad experience put you off trying again. You really deserve support so please don’t give up. Sending you a virtual hug 💕

sweet4
      Participant

Hi Fluffyclouds.
      Try NCDV so helpful.
      So lovely to, the lady i was talking to nearly had me in tears, she said, i am thinking of you *****.There is help, its just trying to find what suits.
      I have tried Womans Aid and Solice, for me definitely NCDV.
      Theres a lot of knowledgeable ladies on here, keep posting.. xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I feel bad it’s happened to more than one of u. Sorry u all had it happen too.

Sorry u having similar problem, gettingtired. So unfair other place can’t help. Why can’t places help any woman who needs it? I don’t kno. Hard cos some are nicer and understand more. Feel bad to advise u to keep trying cos I’m finding it so hard to do myself. We have to keep trying cos whst else to do. Can u email the first place? If u need help sooner, try calling and hang up if u recognise the unhelpful woman. I’m going to do this. Hope it’s not a voicemail cos can’t risk the same woman calling back. Scared they’re angry at me for calling again even tho the first woman said to if I needed it. Hope we both get thru to someone who wants to help next time we call.

Thank u, sweet4. Don’t kno if ncdv can help? Is it just for non molestation orders. Too scared to get one. My ex will be so mad if I did that.

Feel down this week. Tired of it all. Feel like stuck in trying to survive. Really thought refuge and leaving was final stage. Wish we all needed less fights to get thru everything. Have to keep trying cos nothing else I can do. Take care all of u. x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content