Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Janedoeissad
      Participant

I got in contact with a local mental health charity and I am starting some programmes to improve managing my anxiety and other things. I can do as many different courses as I like. I am really hoping they will be useful.

There is a long wait for counselling in my area so I was really relieved to find this AND it fits around my work.

It is so hard to find help and support. I am so relieved to be finally getting some help.

backtome
      Participant

I love this janedoesaid! Unfortunately I can’t access any services in my area because I work full time and there are no evening/weekend services here :(.

So glad you are getting some help. x

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Hi Backtome

I work full time and thankfully these programmes are on after hours.

I do have some self help links they sent me which I could private message you if you like? I have found reading them and doing the exercises quite helpful.

If I had lived half an hour further down the road from me I wouldn’t be entitled to this charities services. It is so wrong that each area has different levels of help and support.

I found Womens Aid only offered stuff during the day. When I was getting help to get out I had to take leave to attend appointments. There really needs to be more support for those who are working full time.

backtome
      Participant

That would be fantastic thank you. I’ve managed to secure some free e-mail counselling through a single parent’s charity so that will start next week which I’m hoping will help.

I really need to work on my assertiveness and ability to say “no” to my ex – he’s still very much in my life because I literally cannot get the word no out of my mouth to him and hate it. x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content