Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Daisy Fairydust
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      After a difficult few weeks with my abuser and disappointing news from housing I found out that a self contained refuge flat is soon to be available for me and the children. I am a mixture of relieved and terrified at the same time, I’ve started to slowly trickle belongings out and hope to get more stashed before D-Day. I’m so lucky to have an amazing network of supportive people, some friends don’t get me wrong have left me bitterly disappointed, and when I’m in a better frame of mind I’ll address that.
      What I’m most terrified of is breaking my youngest’s heart, it is still his dad after all and he loves him regardless of what he does. What I need to remember I’m doing this so that he has a healthy mum that can support him through school.

Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. You’re absolutely doing the right thing and the trouble is that your child loves him regardless and that’s a very unhealthy place for him to be because his father will use and abuse him and simply won’t care about his child’s well being. So you’re protecting him. Children are quite resilient. He has you to teach him healthy relationship boundaries, even if it is his father. I think women’s aid have a programme for children too like the Freedom Programme. Ask about that x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content