Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

its been a while since i have posted on here but i do log in and ready many posts. i still think i have had it easy compared to some if the stories i have read never the less im still traumatized with what i went through. i take each day as it comes. i have had no contact from the day after i threw it out all i can say is no contact was the best advice i ever took as it has got me through the pain. the debt management company has been amazing nomore money worries, work has been very supportive. im proud to say life is getting better. i have eliminated a lot of negative people out of my life which has helped too. so you ladies who are struggling to get out of an abusive relationship please find the strength to get out you will never look back. yes its hard but staying is so much more difficult

Louloubee
      Participant

Well done you 🙂 I wish I was on your shoes in finding so difficult to go no contact although I ended it and took his stuff to his friends he managed to get me back talking to him again. Lied since a d IM back to square one

Anonymous
      Inactive

oh the lies… they lie with a lie.. dont punish yourself i took him back sooo many times until one day i just snapped i couldn’t take anymore lies and abuse. when the time is right you will do it and not look back. i has to change my phone number pulled out all tge stops to keep him away even changed my work location. it will take me a very long time to get over what he put me through but its gone for good. trust me sweetie you will walk away when your 100% ready. they are master manipulators very good at what they do we have to be one step ahead x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done iamsosad. It’s great to be reminded how strong we can get and how good we can feel with implementing a strict No Contact regime with the abusers. And aiming to have people who we come away feeling good after in a consistent way. And so helpful to hear about the support with his financial abuse (debt).

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi lover of no contact. we all know life will never be the same again we are wounded hurt humiliated a part of us die we change but we survive. looking back i can’t believe how stupid I was to put up with what i did im si angry with myself. he will always be with me like a scar from an accident but it will remind me to never be so stupid again. i cant emphasize enough how this forum saved me the advice has been fantastic i don’t know how I would of got through everything. i know you gave me lots of advice too thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content