Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      honeyuh
      Participant

Hi everyone !! I haven’t been posting the last few months as I’ve been really busy, however, everything isn’t perfect but I started back at therapy! For the first time I have opened up to a professional about how my ex-boyfriend made me feel and the impact it has had on me, I also got a PTSD diagnosis. I know this doesn’t sound like a good thing but knowing I have a diagnosis and my reaction to the trauma is normal and there are others out there like me makes me feel so much better. And my parents who were always my rock when it came to my emotions, finally now understand why I am so emotional over what happened, they understand it more. Overall, I still struggle with nightmares and anxiety, but I am getting better, I’m learning to feel again! Hopefully, soon I will be ready to try dating again without freaking out. Maybe ??? Anyway, thank you to everyone who ever supported me <3

savingthestars
      Participant

That is awesome. I am so happy for you. Its hard to know there is a issue and not have a diagnosis, so you get no understanding or help. I hope that going forwards, you get the help and support and even understanding you need

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content