Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RedGiraffe
      Participant

How to stay positive on a day that should have been ‘special’ within the relationship? I have a day coming up and I’m not sure how I’m going to feel… I currently feel indifferent to the event and I hope this feeling continues because I don’t want to feel down.

Not really sure the point of this post tbh, I just wanted to write it down!

Wants To Help
      Participant

Sometimes the worry or fear of something approaching is far worse than the reality of it. We see this day looming up and think it’s going to be all this, that or the other, when in reality it really is just another day. And surprisingly – we cope!

Can you not plan something else for that day? Try and get your hair done, meet a friend for lunch somewhere, or a picnic if the weather is nice? Create another special moment to replace it, even if it is just a distraction.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content