Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      pasta
      Participant

I built myself up into going where he works today – it’s a huge place so I will always have other reasons to go there but I have to build myself up to it.

It’s been (detail removed by Moderator) so I thought i’d be fine. But I felt very shaky and the whole time I was walking round I kept thinking i’d bump into him and how should I react?

And walking past valentines cards and things made me think of him being nice and maybe it wasn’t so bad after all followed by a crescendo of memories where he is awful.

I feel that I am expected to just smile and nod and act like it’s no big deal that this person has devastated my life when I reality I want to shout and confront him.

I still get scared what he will say about me to others.

I know this isn’t a huge problem compared to others on here but I needed to vent.

It’s frustrating when I still think about it a lot. AM I expected to forgive him? I feel that I should be past this

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi pasta,

The aftermath of an abusive relationship can be very significant. domestic abuse is a trauma and people that understand, won’t expect you to just smile and nod.

There is no set time where you should be past it. You deserve as much time as you need. I think going to where he works is a big step and was very brave of you.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content