Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Ive left. It was sudden and scary. My friend called the police to my house and it all happened. Im out of the house with a few meagre belongings and my kids. He told the cops its ME that abuses him, i dont know if they believe it but i knew hed either go mad or turn it around to me. Scared about what happens next.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

sending you big hugs
      Hope you are getting support from friends/ family or WA/ DV service
      It is so scarey but it is the best thing for you and kids. You are a very strong lady and you will be ok.
      I’ve been out for months now and it is a challenge every day but I’m really discovering who I am and have made some amazing friends.
      Keep posting for support here too.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

You have a great friend there who’s helped you get out with the advice on here too. You will have more access to your support worker now you are away from him.
      Hope you get some sleep and rest you have had so much to deal with. Have you got a refuge place now then?

Well done scared. Now its just moving forward. You will have a wide range of extreme emotions, but just hold it together for a bit. Soon you will be more settled and can start breathing and thinking. X*X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done for getting out Scaredandlonely. Please try and stay strong. Possessions can be rebought, but safety and mental health cannot.

We are all here for you.

Thinking of you,

TTMO x

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Im waiting to call my WA lady, and get a solicitor appointment hopefully today too. Im scared in case the cops believe his tale of how im the abusive one though, hes such a convincing liar. But i know what went on. He used the usual man response, hes gona get custody of the kids….all because i finally left. Just shows to me that i was right all along.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done you the police wont believe him if they sit down and get the full story from you. If you are able tell them about him hitting the kids and how unsafe u felt u all were. He us going to try everything from threatening to take kids to sweet talking you. Hold out if you can you have made the biggest move things are going to be unsettled for a while now. Have they got you somewhere to stay ? X

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Oh hes gona try every trick in the book. Yes i have a place but its not in a refuge, but its safe

Anonymous
      Inactive

Safe is good and where you want to be. Hopefully they will find you somewhere else to live and or move you back to an area that you know away from him x

godschild
      Participant

Well done, you are very brave xx

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Thankyou ladies. Ill keep you all posted

Ayanna
      Participant

Well done! Do not be scared! Your friend is a witness against him. Whatever he says, he can get lost.
      The police will believe you.
      The problem is the court, the patriarchal judges, who support abuse of women openly.
      Speak to Rights of Women and prepare yourself well for the court hearings.
      Look up Stockholm Syndrome, Trauma bonding, the effects of domestic abuse on yourself and the kids in order to strengthen your argumentation at court.
      Make sure, if this goes to court, you say to the prosecutor that you want a lifelong restraining order for him!
      That can help at the family court and the custody battle.

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Ive been thru the court process before, dreading it. But i have good support so hoping they get me thru it

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content