Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

My god im so confused over his behaviours and whats my fault.
      Can anyone recommend any good books?
      Ive just brought living with the dominator.

Ive seen there are books about helping you try decide if u want to leave a relationship which is what im confused over too but i dont know which of many is good one and ive limited money.
      I only have access to amazon kindle so needs to be on there.
      Thanks.

Alittlelost
      Participant

Im suffering with controling and coersion, sexual abuse,fincal abuse, past pyhiscal abuse. Mostly controling behaviour.

Escapee
      Participant

Hi,

Healing from Hidden Abuse is a good one and the kindle version is only 99p.

This one really helped me.

If you do a search on here you’ll find a thread about good books x*x

Alittlelost
      Participant

How would i search? I typed books into the search thing but it came up with a thread that wasnt really about books sugguestions?

Catjam
      Participant

Lundy Bancroft is good. I have read ‘why does he do that’. It’s quite good for showing the types of personality of these people.

diymum@1
      Participant

why does he do that has a full version on pdf on line its free xx

Catjam
      Participant

Oh my! I have downloaded ‘living with the dominator’ as recommended by Kip in a previous post. Some of the tactics of the bully mentioned are relevant to me but I have just read the first couple of characteristics of king of the castle. It’s him to a tee. It’s almost like the book was written about him, I am sat reading it in shock.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Catjam, I remember that feeling too. Total shock. Sadly he’s not unique and they all use similar tactics. There is a bit about name calling and belittling and it’s word for word what my ex used to say. WA run the Freedom Programme and it’s based on this book, you should see about doing it with other women x it’s going to take a few days to get over the shock, mine was a mix of several of them. There’s a chapter on sex too which was just shocking. They truly are sick sad people. Hold your head high. It’s his shame not yours x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van De Kolk, great book about trauma.

My abusive ex was the King of the Castle too, from Living with the Dominator.

Here’s an extract of Living with the Dominator, I can only recommend it too, I love the humorous drawings specifically 😊
      Male lawyer “is there perhaps something which the victims of domestic violence have in common – some CLUE as to WHY they are abused?
      Response from the a*s kicking female lawyer “Yes. The one element consistently present in ALL the cases we studied, was a violent partner” take that!💪

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content