Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

After an amazing couple of days with my kids, all feeling stronger, doing things that would have been forbidden without him present and spoiled with him, I hear from a friend that he is badmouthing me all over the place (to people he knows will gossip and after his police interview which Im guessing he sees as a victory as he isn’t being charged). It just adds to my fears of what he will try when we go to court over access and bearing in mind my eldest is adamant he wont see him and is expecting me to protect him (rightly as he was physically assaulted several times), Im worried sick again. Its clear to me now that my youngest is also a victim of his extreme control and the more I read about family court and how these men pull the wool over their eyes the worse I feel. Im so scared. I just want my kids to have more days like today to help them forget the horrible way we lived. They deserve to feel secure and happy but I can’t see them being allowed that. Everytime I’m referred to somewhere that could help me i hit a dead end. I earn too much to get legal support but the horrendous debt he got me into means i cant afford a solicitor so will have to represent myself. Sorry its all tumbling out now!

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, citizens advice, Mckenzie friends, victim support. Women’s aid. Try all of these. Women’s aid my be able to support you at court. Keep a journal. Write down every incident you remember. Badmouthing you is just what they do. He’s trying to discredit you. Tell your ‘friends’ you do not wish to hear anything about him. His comments are designed to make you doubt yourself. Don’t. Ring Rights of Women for advice. Free legal advice. Keep reaching out x

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thanks Kip. Have tried a few of these but keep hiring dead ends. Must Havectried rights of women 4women 400 times but cant get through. I am going to try citizens advice again to see if i can get a referral to Advocate. Thanks for the pep talk though. I’m really wobbly so need it x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

sometimes representing your self is a good thing and more cases are these days xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content