Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Popilol
      Participant

He told me I couldn’t manage without him. Told me I’d struggle with money. Told me it was all me and twisted everything around to him being the victim.

So I booked a holiday (going soon). Paid my bills, went food shopping and managed Christmas presents and Christmas all by myself.

I gained a non molestation order, took control. Read book after book! I am the victim of domestic abuse! I’m not ashamed of this, he abused my kind nature and generosity. We don’t all look weak and have no confidence. I’m not mad, I wasn’t seeing things wrong and my memory is perfectly fine. I reread his texts from previous years and there’s so much evidence of what he was doing, that I couldn’t see before, in the fog.

I AM STRONG! I AM IN CONTROL! I AM POSITIVE!

Ladies we can do this!!!

Halfwayout
      Participant

💪 Well done you!💪
      Great post of positivity!

KIP.
      Participant

You’re not a victim of domestic abuse. You are a true survivor of domestic abuse and don’t let anyone tell you different. Power to you✊️. The good news is the fog lifts and your brain power increases. Onwards and upwards 👏

well done. well done. well done. Still fluey here so a bit under par but will soon join you in uplifting moments. all best
      ftc
      x

Anabela
      Participant

Such a happy post!!! Enjoy your holidays!!!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Your post made me feel better Popilol. I’m feeling like that some days now, thanks to the strength and love from Everyone on here, one day I’ll do things for me and not have to worry that because he’s not done it he’ll not go or whatever it is he does to make it rotten.
      IWMB 💕💕

Sci-figirl
      Participant

Cheers to that!!! 🥂 xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content